Give blood, save lives
As a new donor, we know you're eager to give blood and save lives straight away. We understand it's disappointing if you can’t find an appointment immediately. But don't worry, your help will be needed in the future so please search several months ahead.
There are three reasons why you might not get an appointment straight away:
- we only collect the amount of blood that's needed and don't want to waste your donation.
- we prioritise the most needed blood types and your blood group is not yet known
- as a safety precaution, we've reduced the number of donation chairs per session to give more space between donors - this means there are fewer appointments available
At the moment we particularly need:
- Male donors - men can donate more often than women
- Black donors - Ro blood is needed and a common type for black donors
- O negative donors - hospitals need this blood type most regularly, as it can be given to all patients
Please register if you are in one of these groups.